Guide to contents
- Purpose of data collection
- What Personal Data do we collect and process?
- What legal grounds do we rely on?
- How do we share your information?
- A special note about minors
- Viewing, editing, updating or deletion of your Personal Data
- Data security
- Data transfers
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Do not track
- Third-party Websites, content and resources
Purpose of data collection
The main purposes of collecting Personal Data through this Website is:
- To provide the features and functionality of the Website to you.
- To consider your candidacy for employment.
- To identify you as the sender of, and to process, your emails.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance, and tailor the Website for you, and to improve and enhance the overall Website experience for all of the Website users.
- To carry out specific actions you may request.
- For account validation purposes.
- For analytics and trending purposes.
What Personal Data do we collect and process?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. living individual).
We collect the following Personal Data through the Website:
Information You Provide to Us. When you use our Website, including when you submit a CV to us, or when you ask a question through the Website, you may provide us with information that identifies you or your contacts (“personal information”), such as:
- Your full name, address, email address, other information that may identify you as an individual.
- Your CV, which may include your employment history and other relevant information.
- Any personal information you submit to us in any forums, chats or blogs.
Information We Collect from You Automatically. When you use the Website, we may also collect information about your use of the Website and the device used to access the Website that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you (“non-personal information”) such as your:
- IP address and country location.
- Browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language).
- Operating system.
- Date and time you accessed the Website.
- Website usage information, including the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your "click stream" activity).
What legal grounds do we rely on?
When we obtain Personal Data through a consent form, the legal ground is consent. Otherwise, we rely on legitimate interest.
How do we share your information?
SFSG may share your personal information in connection with:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your personal information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.
- Your requests: We disclose your personal information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of SFSG’s assets, your personal information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Legal purposes and protection of SFSG and others: We reserve the right to share your personal information with third parties if required to do so by law, or if we believe such action is necessary in order to: (1) conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served upon us; (2) protect or defend our legal rights or property, the Website, or our users; or (3) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- Service providers: We use third-party service providers, including but not limited to our affiliates, to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling email and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics, and data analysis. We may provide your personal information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using your information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the information they receive.
- Government agencies: We will disclose your personal information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As otherwise permitted by law. We may disclose your personal information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We may share your non-personal information and your aggregated personal information with our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, and advertisers in order to describe the use of the Website by our users.
We may also group demographic information that we collect from the Website users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-personal information collected at the Website with third parties for any lawful purpose.
A special note about minors
Viewing, editing, updating or deletion of your Personal Data
Please contact email@example.com if you want to see any Personal Data stored about you in our records. We will honour your legal right to view your Personal Data in accordance with applicable privacy law. If you think that any of the Personal Data collected through the Website is incorrect, confusing or incomplete, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also ask us to erase, restrict or port your Personal Data and you may tell us if you object to our use of your Personal Data.
Personal Data will be stored by us in accordance with our applicable data retention requirements and corporate policies.
We use a variety of methods, such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures, to secure your data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of Personal Data and to prevent unauthorised access or improper use.
However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorised acts of third parties during or after transmission. personal information.
If you think that the Website or any Personal Data is not secure or that there has been unauthorised access to the Website or your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com immediately.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to the US which is not considered to have the same level of data protection as in the EU. However, we ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements. Should you wish to know more about how data is protected please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Cookies. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. If you choose to accept cookies (see below), the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Third-party Websites, content and resources